This is a summary of some of the numbers involved:
- 36 Plane Flights – most of which came with the opportunity to pay through the nose to practise my ding repair skills.
- 3 Corrupt Policemen – all of whom got diddly squat from me
- 60 Countries – visited, seen or time spent with the nationals
- 3 Suspiciously large grey fish sighted adjacent to me in the water. I don’t want to know about what I didn’t see
- 15 Cars driven – With the Little Green Surf Machine being my favourite.
- 4 Mopeds treated to my personal brand of abuse
- 9 Surfboards ridden – one of which is probably still making a baggage handler in Santiago, Chile a very happy man
- 29 Boats – which ferried me, my surf boards and my vehicles to breaks worldwide
- A large number of Hotels and Hostels – including a handful of questionable patronage
- 2 Campervans
- 12 Telephone Numbers
- 32 Trains
- 1 Tuk-Tuk
- 5 Trams – in San Francisco and Hong Kong
- 3 Oceans surfed
- Countless new friends
- 19 Buses – of which I don’t think one seat was designed with me in mind
- Cost? I will admit I spent more than a pound and less than a billion, but won’t offer more than that.